ESOR Course for EDiR on Breast Imaging
In 2018, ESOR is continuing to organise foundation courses to prepare/assist those entering examinations for the European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR). These courses may also be attended by board-certified radiologists, wishing to update their knowledge in a specific area. A series of courses is organised at the ESR Learning Centre in Vienna/Austria, in November 2018. The format will include nine courses, each one dealing with a specific organ/system-oriented theme.
The teaching concept will include 20-minute lectures, immediately followed by 40-minute case-based reviews on six topics. The teaching/learning objectives for each of the topics will be strictly adhered to the European Training Curriculum. A self-assessment test with multiple choice questions for each lecture will round-off the exercise.
The ESOR Courses for EDiR are intended to help prospective candidates to prepare for the European Diploma in Radiology examination. Attendance does not guarantee acceptance to take the examination or success in the examination.
- to appreciate the risk factors for the development of breast cancer and how they can inform personalised Screening
- to understand the potential of novel mammography and MRI based techniques
- to be acquainted with modes of evaluating response to neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancer
- to give insights into practical aspects of imaging guided interventions in breast radiology
- to learn how to avoid surgery for indeterminate (B3) lesions
|Early fee until eight weeks prior to the course||Late fee after eight weeks prior to the course|
|ESR members in training||€ 200,00||€ 250,00|
|Non-members in training||€ 300,00||€ 350,00|
|ESR members||€ 300,00||€ 350,00|
|Non-members||€ 400,00||€ 450,00|